Thursday 16 August 2007

Life to the Full

Here is my FIRST 6 x12 layout for the SALT challenge, Life to the Full "This theme comes from the verse John 10:10b where Jesus says that He has come so we may have life and have it to the full (or in abundance)!" Using torn DCWV paper in floral and denim, I really liked the contrasts of these papers and coloured the edge and details of the flowers in with pearlescent paint. I used brads to complete that rough denim look. And used a white sukuru pen for the detail on the photo and title. The finishing touch was the tag that says 'In my Thoughts'

7 comments:

artfulstampin said...

A great take on te theme, just love that picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! have you been a busy girl... lots of lovely stuff to catch up with. Fabulous layout Esther.

The circles on the card you asked about were parts of some coloured flower peeloffs. I like to use up all the bits...lol

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

That's a beautiful LO, Esther. Thank you for your comment on my blog :-). It's wonderful to be using our talents this way.

Hazel said...

It's a beautiful contribution, Esther. I'm so glad to be working on the team with you talented girls.

ingeniouslycreative said...

I love it Esther, you have indeed conveyed the exhuberance of the abundant life!!! Hugs Carol mine is on my blog.

Sheri said...

Oh i love your piece for the theme.... I really like the paints and pens you used.... They really tie it all in.... i agree with you that the contrats are nice .... awsome!

Gillian said...

just in time before the next challenge to comment on yours...sorry I've been slack hey..
Love this LO so much Esther, I loved this photo when you first had it on your blog, Such a personal take on the challenge.. Love it!