Thursday, 16 August 2007

Life to the Full

Here is my FIRST 6 x12 layout for the SALT challenge, Life to the Full "This theme comes from the verse John 10:10b where Jesus says that He has come so we may have life and have it to the full (or in abundance)!" Using torn DCWV paper in floral and denim, I really liked the contrasts of these papers and coloured the edge and details of the flowers in with pearlescent paint. I used brads to complete that rough denim look. And used a white sukuru pen for the detail on the photo and title. The finishing touch was the tag that says 'In my Thoughts'

7 comments:

mamaluke said...

A great take on te theme, just love that picture.

Chris said...

Wow!! have you been a busy girl... lots of lovely stuff to catch up with. Fabulous layout Esther.

The circles on the card you asked about were parts of some coloured flower peeloffs. I like to use up all the bits...lol

Susan said...

That's a beautiful LO, Esther. Thank you for your comment on my blog :-). It's wonderful to be using our talents this way.

Hazel said...

It's a beautiful contribution, Esther. I'm so glad to be working on the team with you talented girls.

ingeniouslycreative said...

I love it Esther, you have indeed conveyed the exhuberance of the abundant life!!! Hugs Carol mine is on my blog.

Sheri said...

Oh i love your piece for the theme.... I really like the paints and pens you used.... They really tie it all in.... i agree with you that the contrats are nice .... awsome!

Gillian :O) said...

just in time before the next challenge to comment on yours...sorry I've been slack hey..
Love this LO so much Esther, I loved this photo when you first had it on your blog, Such a personal take on the challenge.. Love it!