Thursday 26 June 2008

Wood you go for Would?

DCM challenge is 'I really wanted to make a card using iron, but my inspiration kept running dry, so I decided to go for wood. There aren't that many elements of REAL wood on the card, but wanted to go for that feel, I had a piece of urban lily paper sitting on my table that I decided to colour in with watercolours, and then the rest stemmed from that. I went to touch up the colour when I had finished, and realised I could incorporate the SHAVINGS from my pencil, so thats what I did!...

9 comments:

Pauline said...

This is very clever, unusual and beautiful. It shows originality and imagination to incooperate these products into your cardmaking. Brilliant!!

Rika said...

Fantastic card!

Lythan said...

So cool and so fab - wood shavings is an inspired idea!

Chriss Rollins said...

wood I yes I would..this card is stunning
chriss x

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Esther this is beautiful and so unusual... you are so clever. I love it!!

artfulstampin said...

Ingenious!

Ellen said...

this is breathtaking what a wonderful compilation

Anonymous said...

very pretty card :0)

Kathy said...

What an amazing piece of work Esther, it really does looks so effective. Well done, it's a beautiful card